‣ Instagram @dacey_cash
‣ Twitter @daceyhapa
‣ Snapchat @daceycash
‣ Hey guys! This is a video about how I tone my hair at home. I’ve been doing my own hair color since I was 16 and I feel like toning your hair is one of the easier things you can do to save money. I’ve used many different brands of toner but my favorite is Wella, it’s easily accessible and available at Sallys Beauty Supply. In this video I’ll show you how I mix the toner with developer and also talk a little bit about Olaplex treatments. I notice a huge difference in my hair after I tone it and also when I use the Joico Blue Shampoo, it really helps out a lot! Hope you enjoy, feel free to ask any questions if I didn’t cover something that you’re curious about!
‣ A lot of you ask why I don’t go to a salon for professional cut and color, the reason is because I have major trust issues when it comes to my hair. I’ve had 3 really awful experiences at the salon.. I’m talking damage that took YEARS to grow out and lots of hassle to try and hide. My aunt is a hair colorist and she’s taught me a lot so I feel like I know enough to get by for right now doing my own color and cutting my own hair. I’m sure that one day I’ll get tired of doing it myself because it really is a whole process and a lot of commitment. But for right now, this is what works for me! xo
‣ Wella T27 Toner http://amzn.to/2GO7ykx
‣ Wella Vol 20 Developer http://amzn.to/2FZ0cJN
‣ Olaplex N1http://amzn.to/2ptacot
‣ Olaplex N2 http://amzn.to/2ptacot
‣ Joico Color Balance Blue http://bit.ly/2u4Exyn
‣ Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo http://bit.ly/2puv3qm
‣ Davines OI Conditioner http://amzn.to/2IHsQ3U
‣ In this video I’m wearing
‣ Illuminating Primer http://amzn.to/2jYDzLc
‣ Foundation http://amzn.to/2u8Bkxt
‣ Concealer http://amzn.to/2ptwwNT
‣ Powder http://amzn.to/2gQDagJ
‣ Contour Powder http://amzn.to/2FQed0q
‣ Bronzing Powder http://amzn.to/2jzrwU1
‣ Highlighter http://amzn.to/2jeDPsm
‣ Blush http://amzn.to/2h6Ef1h
‣ Brow Pencil http://amzn.to/2jNW9En
‣ Brow Gel http://amzn.to/2HPNj55
‣ Eyeliner Pencil http://amzn.to/2u79i5t
‣ Eyshadows http://bit.ly/2FQ0VAT
‣ Mascara http://amzn.to/2j6AAPf
‣ Lip Pencil http://amzn.to/2IDzhVH
‣ Lip Color http://amzn.to/2DhXzAv
‣ If you’re reading this far then I’ll let you know that the look I’m wearing was a practice run of an upcoming celebrity inspired makeup look tutorial.. ;)
Can you guess who?! Leave a comment down below. xx
‣ FTC / this video is not sponsored.
First and foremost, your hair is beautiful, but if you are going to be on such a platform giving out information, please make sure the information is correct.
1.) Toner is not drying on your hair. What’s drying on your hair is the fact that you still use drugstore products. Even Sally’s is still drugstore. You should highly consider asking your aunt for professional color. ACTUAL professional toners feel luxurious and condition the hair because they’re used with 6 volume, not 20.
2.) Any kind of blue/purple shampoo is drying on the hair due to the fact that it has a pH level of 7 or higher. That’s how they “tone” the hair. It literally clarifies your hair. You should not be using a purple/blue or any kind of clarifier on the hair right after toning it. Your natural hair has a pH of 4.5-5.5 and water is 7. Just a heads up.
I don’t usually comment on videos, but please, if you are going to advocate for at home hair, make sure you have these things right.
-A professional hairdresser
How did you start doing your hair at home?! Did you learn anywhere or did you just kinda try it out at home one day through trial and error? I am so terrified of doing anything to my hair at home but hate spending so much money every couple months.
I love your hair. I bleach/balayage my own hair too haha. Bleach ruined my hair. So my nice hairstylist taught me to just to use a high lift hair dye + 40 volume developer. Then tone it with Wella T18 or T14.
Hi Danica! She didn't explain, do you put this toner all over from roots to ends or just on the highlighted areas? and for the dupe you mentioned, do you add it to the toner like she did with olaplex? Thanks!
What is olaplaex and what’s it for??? And what does a toner do? Sorry I have always gone natural for my hair color and I am not familiar with the steps/process. But I am looking into getting a my hair colored professionally. Thanks!
You look very beautiful! Your hair looks so "Hollywood" :) Thanks for this video. Could you please tell me which camera you use? Maybe you could do a video about your filming equipment? The quality of your videos is awesome and they are so professional
yes yes yes! please do a video on your whole hair routine / bleaching process! I am currently trying to learn how to go lighter with my hair on my own and know nothing about it, so I would love to hear any of your tips on the process, products to use, etc. thanks, Dacey!
This video was so helpful. We recently put highlights in our dark brown hair and we used the Wella 14 toner and same blue shampoo but we will have to try the Wella 27 toner too because we LOVE your hair!
I LOVE YOUR HAIR! I love the highlights/balayage, the cute, the whole shabang!! but instead of actually bleaching your hair for the tutorial, maybe you can mock bleach your hair? instead of using bleach, use thick conditioner to show us the techniques?
Wait, you cut your own hair?! Can we PLEASE get a video? I hate going to hairdressers because they never do what I want... I would love to be able to do it myself but can’t see the back of my head lol!
Yes, you’re hair is always looking AMAZING! I didn’t start coloring my hair until I started watching you; I’ve always stuck to my natural roots, but I am sooo glad you helped me step out of my comfort zone. And yes, videos like this helps a lot! I genuinely could watch you talk about hair all the time. If you could please make more videos about bleach and how to deposit color in your hair and what not, please do so! I have found that going to the salon is so damn expensive! Lol love you, Dacey!
would love a vid on how you do it! I do my own hair as well due to bad experiences at the salon. but also im a brunette with balayage and used to always use purple shampoo and it never did much... just bought the joico blue shampoo on amazon for $10.. can't wait to try it.
For the next collection of Free Silly Birthday Greetings Cards.
FUNNY BIRTHDAY QUOTES, SAYINGS & JOKES ABOUT GETTING OLDER.
(Handy quotes to add to your e-cards, text messages, facebook & myspace pages )
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. Funny Birthday Quote by - Larry Lorenzoni A reporter was interviewing a 104 year-old woman: "And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?" the reporter asked. She simply replied, "No peer pressure." Joke by Unknown Author Im getting older I hear you cry Well. whats the big deal For so I am So make the most of what youve got Cause after all You still look Hot Funny ageing poem by.
Helen Finnerty (copyright 28th October 2011)
The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. Amusing Birthday Quote by.
Lucille Ball Another birthday And some more grey Im getting old I hear you say But never mind For when alls said and done The alternative is Not being around To see another one! Funny ageing poem by.
Helen Finnerty (copyright 28th October 2011)
Billie Burke My wife hasnt had a birthday in 4 years. She was born in the year of. Lord-only-knows! Funny birthday quote by Unknown Author The best birthdays of all are those that havent arrived yet.
Robert Orben I have everything now I had twenty years ago. except now its all lower. Funny ageing Quote by.